December 4, 2010

Hello All

Well right now I am looking out the window at about 1 inch of snow and traffic is coming to a standstill. I love this weather! This was another slow week, but things are starting to pick up. We have a new list of part-member families we are going to start working with and we have a new investigator! We know that the most effective missionary work is through members and we are trying to get the ward more excited about it.

This week we did a lot of tracting, which I don't like, but every day we saw some miracles. We got appointments from people we never get to see and got some good potential investigators. We are finally beginning to get out of the after baptisms slump. Things in general look hopeful.
Elder Kitchen was ill for a lot of the week so there were times we stayed home. I got to catch up on some much needed sleep.

As for our investigators, We have to go back all the way to who God is and who Jesus Christ is for Kendra and her boyfriend. We thought she had a solid Christian background, being baptized Catholic, but she has never really gotten to know God. Now we have a clear road map on where she wants to go and it will be easier teaching her.

Thanksgiving is this week and we are having a missionary party! I am excited to see my friends from the MTC and others from my zone I don't get to see much. We have a lot of people that want us over to teach and have dinner with them so we will be well taken care of.

I am grateful for all I have and this mission has really helped me realize all that I have. I am grateful for the gospel and the happiness it brings people as we live it. The gospel is really amazing and it can truly change people for the better. I know that as we live it, we can build stronger relationships and bring us joy. I know the gospel is true and what I am doing is the right thing. I love you all!

Love,
Elder Fetzer

No comments:

Post a Comment