March 13, 2009

Too small?


I hate how my first Apple-related post is negative. If you know me, I have always been a huge fan of Apple products. Apple recently introduced a new iPod shuffle and seriously, I HATE it! It is smaller (the size of an AAA battery), has a voice that tells you which song you are listening, and has 4 gigs, which is good. But the biggest downfall is its lack of buttons on the actual player. Because three buttons are on the earbuds, Apple forces you to use their earbuds which, to the casual user, might sound ok, but many people prefer other brands.
Apple is known for their simplicity of their designs. On the outside, this new Shuffle may look more simple, but no one wants to press the center button multiple times just to switch the song, as seen HERE. Apple, users want to easily controll their music. You had it right on the first and second generation Shuffles. Without the iconic Apple buttons on the front of the player, this new shuffle looks like a cheap knock-off that you would get from china. The new Shuffle, put simply, is ugly.
What do you think about this new iPod shuffle? Would you buy one? I definitely wouldn't.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. 100%. What I'd really like to see from Apple is their classics in a different color. Or more iPods with 2 colors like the old U2 photo iPods. We don't need any more shuffles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wish that they upgraded the old shuffles with the new features and memory upgrade. It was fine.

    ReplyDelete