October 4, 2011

Mission Office-Check that off my list

Hello All-
 
I am kind of relieved. It feels as though a weight has been lifted off my back from all the stressful days in the office, training the new vehicle coordinator, and always being on the move in the familiar Ford F350 mission van, driving around the mission on various errands and being asked to do large moves and having to do it before a particular time. I was transferred. My new companion's name is Elder Ellis, from Utah and we are serving together in - are you ready - the Renton Highlands ward in the Renton, Washington stake in the Washington Seattle Mission! Goodbye Bellevue! I am hopeful for the future.
 
I did like the mission office, but I think that my 4 transfers there was the perfect timing. It was great to always have things to do and places to be, but I am glad to be back as a regular missionary again. This was kind of a sombre weekend, as I was somewhat expecting to be transferred, but the highlight had to be General Conference. As always, conference was great, even better when you are sitting next to the recent converts you had a part in baptizing and they watched all sessions, including Priesthood for Jake, at the Stake Center. Jake and Lindsey Stinson are the highlight of my mission. I am so grateful that they have stayed strong in the gospel and are working towards the temple next year! We had dinner with them on Sunday night, which ended up being a testimony meeting. They have so much hope for the future through the gospel of Jesus Christ. Last night we went by the Stinsons to say goodbye. I know I will see them again soon and know that they are going to be just fine in the fellowship of the Bellevue 6th ward.
 
Betsy is another story. She too is progressing. She liked (not loved) conference, but has decided to be baptized when she is well enough. Hopefully she goes through with this decision. She still has reservations though. She is concerned about polygamy and the priesthood. I am sure Elder Kasenberg can handle all that she throws out. But I will attend her baptism, that is if it happens...
 
I can't wait to listen to and read conference again. It was a great spiritual high, which was just what I needed to get me through transfers.

~Elder Fetzer

No comments:

Post a Comment