October 24, 2011

Thanksgiving in October

Hello all,

The rainy season has officially started in Seattle, making kind of a dull week. So yes, the rain really did put a damper on things. But hopefully things will get better soon. Last week I told you about Julie, an investigator that an intense, kind of pushy zone leader found for us during a tracting blitz of an apartment. Well, after many attempts to get a hold of her (even when we called she hung up), and finally getting a hold of her at her apartment, she dropped us. She has a lot on her plate and isn't ready right now, so we'll keep on looking for those that are truly ready for the gospel in their lives.
I don't know if it was faithlessness, or just experience that has told me that you can't necessarily put people on-date for baptism on the doorstep and expect them to follow through with what they agreed to do. But I guess that it sometimes works. I do know, however, that you should always talk about baptism in every lesson so it isn't a surprise when you invite people to be baptized.

Well, I got my Mormon.org profile finally online. There is a link on the side of the blog where you can find a link to it. Have you created a profile yet?

Well, I already told you that we teach many less active people. There are nearly 300 members and only about 75 come to sacrament meeting. But past missionaries have really made some good relationships with less-active members so we do have many people to teach. Hopefully we can get some new investigators soon. Until then, things are good! 

A dull week did end well. Last night we had dinner with the Kirkhams, an awesome member family that always makes my day when we go for a visit. They had an awesome full-on thanksgiving dinner, which I have to say was quite amazing. Sometimes the Lord knows just what you need after a disappointing week. So the work moves on and as always the Church is true!

~Elder Fetzer

No comments:

Post a Comment