October 31, 2011

This is Halloween!

Hello all,
 
Today is an exciting day! Super P-day is here! Seeing as we can't be out proselyting tonight, we are going to have a good day. Well, Halloween is here, which means that on November 1st, I will have 10 months left. I can't believe how fast time is flying my last half of my mission. So I guess that means I need to go out and work even harder.
 
This was another average week. We did a bit of tracting, teaching, and visiting. Nothing too out of the ordinary. But we did have a really good lesson with Abi, a less active member that is returning to activity. She invites us for dinner quite often. But the best part is that her non-member husband is the one that likes to talk about the Church. He seems interested and has really warmed up to us coming by. Hopefully we can invite him to really learn more. I feel like this area is ready for something big, but I don't know what yet. So I guess I will keep going out and trying to find new people that are ready and able to progress towards baptism.
 
On Friday we had our ward Halloween Party along with the Spanish Branch that used to be just a group in our ward. There were some really great costumes, including a family of Angry Birds, Parents as fishermen and the kids as a lobster and mermaid, and best of all, a younger couple that came as the spitting image of the Mad Hatter and Queen of Hearts that stole the show. Best of all, many of the less-active members that we work with attended and met many more people in the ward.
 
This is going to be a short letter, but things are going well in the Renton Highlands. Missionary work is good and as always the Church is true!
 
~Elder Fetzer

No comments:

Post a Comment