September 30, 2011

An unusual week!

Hello all,
 
Well, this has been probably the craziest week of the transfer (and possibly my mission.) We have been quite busy, not necessarily completely doing missionary work, but also at the office. Today was quite an interesting day. What was supposed to be a p-day today became something I could never have imagined. In the middle of personal study, we got a phone call telling us that another missionary had left his apartment. So we spent the day, along with our zone leaders, driving around and trying to track him down. Needless to say, the elder was eventually found and has decided to stay. It is always sad when a missionary decides to leave. I don't think they really know what they are missing out on.
 
This was an exciting morning at the office. We picked up 5 new cars in Kirkland, which isn't necessarily new, but I finally was able to drive by myself! On top of that, we were outside of the mission boundaries. This is really the only instance that that is okay. It was really exciting and weird at the same time. And of anything I could have done in the office, driving by myself is one of the things I wanted to do the most! So I can check that off of my things to do on my mission checklist. Haha.
 
So it was kind of an abnormal week. I went on exchanges on Wednesday and half-day Thursday.
We did get some time to proselyte though. The Stinsons are finally back and are planing to attend conference. Jake is attending Priesthood meeting, which will be good. That is one of my favorite meetings. So this quite strange week is going to end well.
 
Transfers are next week. I don't know what is going to happen, but I know that whatever happens will be for my own good. I have learned from every area and from every companion. Anyways, this is probably a weird email. My mind is in a million places at once and I can't seem to put my thoughts together. Maybe it is a combination of overhearing a Chinese version of "The wheels on the Bus" at the library, having a million Spanish children running around the computers here right now, or it has just been a long week and I need a nap. But whatever it is, I am sure next week will be better. But things are going well. We still teach Betsy, although I don't know where she is going to go. Our other investigators aren't progressing.It will be interesting to see where I end up next transfer.
 
The Church is true!
 
~Elder Fetzer

No comments:

Post a Comment