August 6, 2012

The Spirit of God

Hello all,

It's been another week in the Washington Seattle Mission. And as time ticks away, things get a bit more nerve racking. But I believe the Lord is pleased with my work thus far. I still keep close to the spirit and feel its gentle promptings. I feel that knowing and following the Holy Ghost has become one of the major things I have learned on my mission. And I have learned to follow its promptings. Its interesting how the spirit works like that. That when you do follow, it always seems to work out. Like when you feel prompted to give an older MOTAB CD to our apartment next door neighbor who is also a member, only to find out that it is her favorite album and that only a few months before she gave it away to a friend at work. Or following a prompting to talk with someone and it turning out to be a new investigator. Or even on those hard days when you can feel God's love and know that things will be okay. The Spirit of God is very real!

So as I am beginning to end my mission and wind down (figuratively), I have truly been pondering the things that I have learned thus far on my mission. This has been the hardest thing that I have ever done, but it has also been the best thing in my life thus far! And I know that when I do come home, it will be the greatest springboard and foundation for the rest of my life.

In Bellevue, I have learned more about patience. I've been here for 16 months. In these slower times I feel that I have grown closer to my Savior. It's really amazing.

Nothing too major happened this week, but we continue to be busy teaching in two wards. It has been a little hard to balance and has been a good challenge. This week we continue to teach Ashley. She has many concerns still about the priesthood and men in the Church. Nearly all her issues come from past abusive relationships. She needs to continue to trust in God and that this is His Church.

We taught Subeer again this week. Honestly, it was a little disappointing. My grand ideas of him having an epiphany in India were all wrong. He didn't. In fact, I think he lost some of what Elder Walker and I saw as progress. And to end the lesson, he had to be reminded how to pray. But we'll continue to teach him and help him understand God's ways.

There was a wedding in the Korean branch this weekend! Saturday night there was a big party with lots of food. It was fun!

So things continue to move along as I race through the finish line. Only 4 more weeks! The Church is True!

~Elder Fetzer

No comments:

Post a Comment