May 1, 2012

There & Back Again: A Missionary's Tale

Hello all,
 
So yes, this week was transfers again. And after 5 whole transfers in the Renton Highlands ward I was transferred to...the Bellevue 7th ward. Can you believe it? Back to Bellevue for the 3rd time and my 9th transfer here. So yes, I was here and now I'm back again! I guess I'm meant to do something more here.
My new companion's name is Elder Walker. He is from Pleasant Grove, Utah. I'm excited about this. When I told one of my missionary friends where I was going, he was super excited because he served there before. So I think that it will be okay. And who knows, maybe I'll end my mission here.
 
This last week was pretty good. We continued to teach Amina, having a good lesson at the church with her and having a powerful hymn-singing moment with her. We also taught Rachel and helped her understand the Book of Mormon. But we also did have some other powerful experiences, mostly with less-active members. All in all it was just an average week.
 
I don't know what all I accomplished in the Renton Highlands ward. Maybe it was to get the work moving again after many, many months of not much progress. Or to find and bring Amina back into the fold. But I do know that the spirit did touch many people's lives while I was there, which will leave an impact with them for the rest of their lives. And I was grateful to be a part of those people growing closer to Christ. But I felt that it was about time to move on. It will be sad. I made a lot of good friends there, but I know that I will see them again.
 
So I'm excited for this ward and area. Microsoft headquarters are literally across the street from our apartment. The ward is good and the work is moving forward because this is the Lord's work in His true Church!
 
Until next week,
 
~Elder Fetzer

No comments:

Post a Comment