April 19, 2011

TRANSFERS

Hello all,
 
So as you may know, I have been transferred from Seattle. I am now in Bellevue 6th ward and also work in the mission office. It is going to be an interesting next couple of months. I get to drive this HUGE van a.k.a. "The Tank." I don't really know what exactly I will be doing, but I think it is going to be a cool job! I am excited to see more of the mission! As office Elders, we deliver supplies to other missionaries and drive all over the mission to help move. It is going to be an exciting adventure, although I really have no idea why I am an office Elder.
 
My new companion's name is Elder Rodriguez, from Orem, Utah. He served around me in Issaquah before he became an office elder, so it is pretty cool that I already know my companion well.
This was an interesting week. We haven't heard from Clint since my last email so I really don't know how he is doing - probably worse. I hope Elder Tanner can help him out. We continued to meet with Keith, the Chinese investigator. He was our only progressing investigator, but he is still trying to understand the spirit and try to believe in God so he is gonna be a bit of work for the 5th Ward Elders.
 
For some reason I kind of felt like I was going to move so this week we saw a lot of Seattle. We went to see the Fremont Troll under the Aurora bridge and went to quite a few parks. There is one park called Volunteer Park, which we went to and it had an old water tower that you were allowed to climb to the top of, which had quite a good view of both Seattle and Bellevue. At the park they also have a conservatory, which houses various plants from around the world. It was pretty cool! Bruce and Brandon Lee's grave is also in our area. We went to an old cemetery in Seattle, where many of Seattle's rich and famous are resting, including many of the old pioneer families. There are many beautiful neighborhoods in Seattle. The houses are spectacular. The houses in Issaquah have nothing compared to these houses.
 
So as you see, I really am quite excited for the change. I can't wait to see what the next months as an office Elder brings me! The Church is true!
 
~Rich
 
Richard and his cousin Meka before transfers
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment