March 8, 2011

TRANSFERS!!!

Hello all,

As I finish this email I will be going to transfers. Yes, I am leaving Issaquah 5th ward. My time here has been well spent and I have loved serving here. The news was somewhat expected. I have been here for six months now and this is still my first area. It was a bitter-sweet departure. It is hard to say goodbye, but I know that I will see my friends here again someday. Deep down inside I felt as though I had done my best here and that it was time for someone else to take my place. I feel that I can do good somewhere else in the mission. I am excited and nervous to leave.

Nothing much happened this week. Tracting, finding a few potentials, visiting the regular people. Same old stuff, but it was pretty sad to say goodbye. There are many families that I will remember, but I know that they will be blessed as they continue to live the gospel. As we visited family after family it became harder to say goodbye. Last night was especially tough when I said goodbye to my recent converts, Rebecca and Eva. We also said goodbye to Sue, who came back to the Church last year.The last person we visited is one of my favorite people I taught, Anne and her kids. Anne and her family had a party for me. We had root beer floats and the kids wrote me some very nice notes. It is amazing how much you start to truly love the people you teach. All in all, I am excited for the new adventures I will go on and the new people I will meet.

So now you're probably wondering where I'm going. Even though I haven't officially found out I checked on the program online I use to write presidents letters. I am going to the Seattle 5th Ward in the North Seattle Stake. My zone is in downtown Seattle! I can't wait to see what downtown is like!
Well, that's about all for this week. I love and miss you! The Church is true!

~Elder Fetzer

No comments:

Post a Comment