February 28, 2011

An Amazing Baptism

Hello all,
We had a baptism this week! Jack was baptized and confirmed by his grandfather. It was a very spiritual baptism! Jack's less-active mom May and non-member sister Jamie sang the song "A Child's Prayer" and it brought such a great spirit. Hopefully the baptism helps to soften their hearts and eventually Jamie will get baptized. The Lord has blessed us with 2 baptisms the last 2 months! It is amazing that both people came to Church and wanted to be baptized! But now, we are back to square one and need to work hard and find people to teach!
Funny story, we were filling the font and all the hot water ran out and the font was freezing cold so I walked out on a ledge to try to pull the plug to let water out so we could fill it with boiling water and I fell halfway in! My shoes and half my pants were soaking and with only 15 minutes until the baptism we had no time to get home and change. So with halfway wet pants and sopping wet shoes I attended the baptism. Not only that, but the water was cold and Jack nearly didn't get into the water to be baptized. But thanks to his patient grandpa it finally happened!
Last Monday was an interesting day. Elder Ouassil wanted to go to goodwill to buy a new suit because we have to wear them every day now. He got the suit for a great deal, but needed it altered. So we went to Men's Warehouse and after getting fitted, he found out the price and it was way expensive. So we walked out of the store and that was pretty embarrassing. Then I wanted to use a 10 dollar certificate to a smoothie place here and we walked in and I found out that it didn't word so we walked out with no smoothie. To end the day we were dropped by a less-active we teach. So as you see the week didn't start out very well, but it sure ended well!
So now we have to work hard and find our next person to baptize! I know that the Lord will bless us! I love and miss you! I know that the Church is true with all my heart and will talk to you later!
~Elder Fetzer

Elder Fetzer, Jack, Elder Ouassil

No comments:

Post a Comment