March 20, 2012

The First Vision Changes Everything

Hello all,
 
Well transfer time is here again and guess what? I'm staying here in the Renton Highlands for a 5th transfer! I guess there is still a work for me to be a part of here! And the really crazy thing is that I was called to be a District Leader. I'm kinda scared for what I am going to say/do, but I think that it will be okay.
 
This week we met Steve. He is in his 30's and wants to learn more about God. And the great thing is that he already knows members! So member fellowship is going to be key. We have our first lesson with him tomorrow night. He seems pretty solid.
 
I don't know if I told you about Amina. She is from Kenya and may be a member because she thinks she was baptized in Utah, but for now we're treating her as a investigator. She doesn't really have a knowledge about who Joseph Smith is and what the Book of Mormon is. When we met with her last Wednesday she kept on telling us how she would continue to read the bible, but as soon as we told Joseph Smith's account of the first vision, the mood changed. Even her friend Rachel who was there was different. They listened and felt. When she heard that the Book of Mormon tells of when Christ visited the Americas, they was intrigued. Amina and Rachel came to Church on Sunday, and they said they liked it, even though it was kind of a "rough" meeting. It was on canning and food storage -  a strange topic. And the speakers were so monotone, but the talks ended up well and the spirit was there and I think that they'll come again. So things are gong along. Yes, I'm staying and yes, it's okay. And the Church is still true, and the book blue (cheesy I know)!
 
From the Highlands,

~Elder Fetzer

No comments:

Post a Comment